Last week, I learned about a new extension called Papier from one of Mike Taylor’s tweets. Papier is an extension that provides a simple way to take notes and jot down your ideas in the Chrome browser. Extensions are small software programs used to enhance Chrome’s functionality. To use Papier, install the extension, open a new tab and start taking notes.
After playing with this for a few days, here are a few of my thoughts:
What can I use it for?
- Jot down your thoughts on something
- Create a To Do list
- Take notes during a meeting with your client
What are some of the features I found useful?
- Day or Night mode options make it easy to read notes in different settings
- Easy access. Just open a new tab.
- Provides word, character counter, spell checker
- It’s distraction free (full-screen view option)
Where this extension needs improvement
- It needs the ability to sync across multiple devices using the Chrome browser
- The word and character counts and additional formatting options should be easier to see.
If you want to try this extension, you can find it on the Chrome Web Store here: bit.ly/getpapier